Family Program and Services
Family Wellness Center offers a client's family members and/or friends an opportunity to understand the addiction process and its impact on the family system. The Family Program is held every Wednesday afternoons.
The goal of the Family Program is to assist family members to begin their own recovery, and to engage them in Family Wellness Continuing Health and Therapy Programs. The program themes are:
- Physical, mental, social and spiritual recovery
- Family dynamics (conjoint sessions)
- Communication / conflict resolution (conjoint sessions)
- Stress management and anger management
- Recovery problems and solutions
- Introduction to Self-Help Groups
- Understand the illness of chemical dependency and the methods of treatment.
- Realize that this is a family issue and that they are involved in the problem.
- Learn some new strategies for coping with family issues that will help them achieve a better sense of direction and purpose in life.
Individualized sessions are also available through Family Wellness Center. These include:
- Family assessment
- Family intervention
- Family counseling
- Counseling for couples
- Parenting sessions